I am running my ‘from starter to loaf’ beginners sourdough courses on an ongoing basis, so please check the booking page for upcoming dates.
Cost: £25 per person
This is a step-by-step course to get you baking your first sourdough loaf
Next course: September 2020, £25 per person
3 zoom meetings guiding you through the process in real time
Bake day is the most exciting day for me. I literally can’t wait to check my phone and see all the phots of breads from my first-time bakers.
If you too want to have a go at baking a sourdough loaf without spending tonnes of time on youtube looking at tutorials then I’d love to guide you through the process.
Little manual effort and activity is required, but it takes time. Which is beautiful also. But it’s exactly this that makes it hard to teach. I am running my /from starter to loaf’ beginners sourdough baking course in REAL TIME. Guiding you through each step and answering all your questions – if I can. I hope my course will leave you with a basic understanding of the process and your first loaf will mark the beginning of a really fab journey for you.
How it works:
– As part of this class you will receive a ‘baby’ of my starter if you need one which can be collected from my house. This way we can start baking quickly, without you having to make your own starter. If you live further afield you could buy a good quality starter on Amazon. It’s also a good way of making a start. Or you might have a starter already. (Please note that the sourdough starter contains gluten.)
– You will receive a list of essential ingredients allowing plenty of time to get all your bits.
– The first meeting will take place at 10am (15mins). Followed by 3pm (30min) and 8pm (45min).
– I’ll come along the whole process with you and will try to answer all your questions.
– You will bake your first loaf on the morning of the 13rd of June.
Just perfect getting the house smelling wonderful from freshly baked bread on Saturday morning.
This are aways small and private classes. Please only book on this class if you can make the timings or contact me if you’re unsure.